We are looking for someone who is dedicated and hard working to join our team at Min-Y-Don Christian Adventure Centre in the role of part-time domestic assistant.
The role involves 4 evenings a week helping with wash up duties and one morning helping with cleaning and changing over the Centre for new groups. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a group of young people, be part of a team, and gain experience in working with people of all ages.
– Assist the MYD team in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the wash-up kitchen area.
– Ensure prompt and thorough washing of dishes, cutlery, utensils, and cooking equipment.
– Operate dishwashing equipment and maintain its cleanliness and functionality.
– Properly store cleaned items in their designated locations.
– Aid in basic food preparation tasks (as required) under the guidance of senior kitchen personnel.
– Regularly empty and clean refuse and recycling receptacles as needed.
– Uphold high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout all workspaces.
– Adhere to health and safety regulations and protocols at all times.
– Contribute to general cleaning and upkeep tasks in the kitchen.
– Restocking of regularly used items, e.g. – sauce sachets, sugar, salt & pepper etc.
– Collaborate closely with the kitchen team to ensure smooth operations during meal service.
– Exhibit a positive attitude, teamwork, and effective communication with colleagues & guests
Qualifications and Skills:
– Enthusiasm and a proactive approach to learning about kitchen operations and hygiene practices.
– Strong attention to detail, even when working in a fast-paced environment.
– Effective communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously within a team.
– Basic understanding of fundamental food safety and hygiene principles (training will be provided).
– Dependable, punctual, and dedicated with a strong work ethic.
– Physical capability to stand for extended periods and handle moderate weights.
– Hands-on experience within a professional kitchen environment.
– Exposure to teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
– Basic training in food safety and hygiene practices.
– Chance to be part of a vibrant and engaging activity centre setting.
Salary: Please enquire for further details.
Min y Don is situated in a stunning area of the Snowdonia National Park. To learn more about the Centre and its work please call 01341 250433 or Contact Us for further details and an application form.
*Hours of Work
You have no guaranteed hours of work in any given week. Your actual hours to be worked each week will be as necessitated by the needs of the business and will be notified to you by a Director. In some weeks you may not be required to work any hours. Payment will only be made for actual hours worked and therefore no payment will be made for weeks where you are not required to work. You will be given unpaid breaks in accordance with current Working Time Regulations.